Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Italy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smart Alec - Which packing cubes?

Hi all. I have a Smart Alec and I'm currently using some cheap packing cubes from DAISO ($1 each) which are 28x18.2x9 cm (11x7x3.5 inch). They are perfect on size I can pack 2 of them at the bottom and stack 1 (or 2) of them in top.
    They have with the top in mesh. They are also extremely cheap and not really durable, even though I'm using them from 3/4 years now.

I'd like to upgrade to some nice and quality packing cubes.

I'd like them NOT to be in mash (all fabric) and lightest material possible.

I was thinking which Tom Bihn, Offspray, or Eagle Creek could fit nicely in the Smart Alec.

The size of the cheap one are really good for me. Any suggestion?

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PCSB fits nicely

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

MA USA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like to combine PCSB and TSS
    DogBikeSpringRainbowTengu

Italy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I most probably will get a TSS, but the PCSB doesn't really convince me. I just need few packing cubes and don't want to spend $40 for something that I won't fully use.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use small Eagle Creek spectre cubes, but mostly because that's how my clothes fit best (I'm a roller). I also have a PCSB, but it's too big for the small number of clothes I usually take. Greater for bulkier items like fleece, jackets, or pants

Italy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mind posting a picture of the eagle creek? I have no idea how they looks like from real as they don't sell them. Where I live.
    I saw the ospray yesterday in size S and M and they are quite small.

The cheap one I'm using now are a bit structured and I can fit lots of stuff. I found I can fit more tshirt folded in the traditional way instead of i use the rolling method.
    Last edited by overkill22; 02-19-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Forum Member
    Indiana
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by overkill22 View Post
    Do you mind posting a picture of the eagle creek?

I found I can fit more tshirt folded in the traditional way instead of i use the rolling method.
    The Eagle Creek Specter Tech packing cubes unzip around three sides so will be easier to load your folded items. I have some made by Travelon that are similar, bought simply because of the flowered pattern they used to sell!

Alabama
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always used an A30 pcbp in cube mode paired with a pcsb and a generic shoe bag. I used the upper module as my toiletry bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the small Aeronaut 30 laundry cubes. I also checked some of my previous packing lists and noted that I used two A30 end cubes, 2 NFTD end cubes (currently disco'd), and a CQPC as well as the original upper and lower module pockets.

I've since sold the module pockets and use a Side Effect in place of the upper pocket and (if needed) a Travel Cubelet in place of the lower module pocket. They are a tad smaller in capacity but are less fiddly and you can remove and use them as carry bags.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...