Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hanging HLT size 1 in Luminary 15?

So, I've been working lately to overhaul the organizational setup in my L15 that I use for everyday carry. I was wondering if anyone has tried attaching a size 1 HLT to the main compartment o-rings in the L15? My thought would be to attach small double caribiners to the o-rings and the bottom of the HLT to hopefully have it 'stand up' and fill the top of the compartment. Anyone tried this? Is it a miserable failure? Stick Out Tongue

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Havenít tried that but I did sew o-rings onto the top of my L12 and used those.

Quote Originally Posted by darknova306 View Post
    So, I've been working lately to overhaul the organizational setup in my L15 that I use for everyday carry. I was wondering if anyone has tried attaching a size 1 HLT to the main compartment o-rings in the L15? My thought would be to attach small double caribiners to the o-rings and the bottom of the HLT to hopefully have it 'stand up' and fill the top of the compartment. Anyone tried this? Is it a miserable failure? Stick Out Tongue
    Synik 22, Truck, Luminary 12 with a MCB Freudian Slip, Daylight Backpack, EDC HLT2, Side Effect or Side Effect, zippered Large and Small Shopbags, Co-Pilot, Travel Tray, Snake Charmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea!
    Just tried this. I attached the carabiners, both medium and small, to the back straps of the HLT-1 and attached these to the O-rings on the Luminary. (I assume this what you meant by the bottom of the HLT.) The small carabiners crease the straps on the HLT. While they cause the HLT to ride a bit higher in the Luminary that the medium carabiners they also restrict how far you can pull the HLT up while accessing it. I'd prefer using the medium carabiners.

Folding the front of the Luminary down allows to to access the HLT. It's a bit of a hassle getting to all the pockets in the main compartment of the HLT but doable. Easier to get into the front compartment.

Hope this helps.

Hanging HLT size 1 in Luminary 15?-img_0249-jpg
    Last edited by Ceres; 03-07-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
    Great idea!
    Just tried this. I attached the carabiners, both medium and small, to the back straps of the HLT-1 and attached these to the O-rings on the Luminary. (I assume this what you meant by the bottom of the HLT.) The small carabiners crease the straps on the HLT. While they cause the HLT to ride a bit higher in the Luminary that the medium carabiners they also restrict how far you can pull the HLT up while accessing it. I'd prefer using the medium carabiners.

Folding the front of the Luminary down allows to to access the HLT. It's a bit of a hassle getting to all the pockets in the main compartment of the HLT but doable. Easier to get into the front compartment.

Hope this helps.

Hanging HLT size 1 in Luminary 15?-img_0249-jpg
    Thank you!!!! That's exactly what I was talking about. Sounds like it might work for me, but I should probably test it in person and see if it's accessible enough for my purposes. I'm really trying to figure out a good way to utilize the top of the main compartment.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveltech View Post
    Haven’t tried that but I did sew o-rings onto the top of my L12 and used those.
    That's a great idea, I'm strongly considering doing the same. It would make what I'm trying to do so much easier.