Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bag recommendation primarily work with a laptop

I'm looking to get a new back for (mostly) office use. My office (data center) is very casual. Here is what I normally carry:

• Lenovo Carbon X1 Gen 6 14" / (12.73 x 8.54 x 0.62 or 323.5 x 217.1 x 15.95)
    • Ravpower PD 61w charger
    • A5 size notebook
    • A couple of pens
    • USBC-c dongle (ethernet/cat-5/USB-A)
    • Wireless mouse
    • 10' Ethernet cable
    • Various cables
    • Various papers, occasional magazine (when I travel) etc.
    • 20 oz Yeti tumbler
    • My lunch

I'm thinking of replacing the Yeti with a larger Hydroflask.

My current bag is a Everki Urbanite Messenger. I really like all the organization/ pouches, but the water bottle holder is too small and the bag is a bit narrow to put my Yeti inside (it makes it bulge).

I don't have a strong preference between backpack or briefcase. I just like things organized and easy to find / get at. I like the concept of the Synapse/Synik, but I'm a bit afraid of how papers will store in them. I currently use poly envelopes to keep my papers organized / getting crushed / creased.

Thanks for any/all suggestions and feedback.

Forum Member
    Michigan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freudian Slip would solve the issue for the backpacks with helping to organize papers, smaller items and such. The Pilot could also work as a smaller briefcase given that load out though it doesn't really have a dedicated area for papers and such. The Cadet does have a divider that would help with papers plus std organization for other items.

Forum Member
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't really have much to add, except if you're hoping to get a cache for your laptop (I have the same kind) you'll want a size 13A. So theoretically anything that can fit that size of cache should work for you, at least until you factor in the Yeti and lunch.
    Guide's Edition Synapse 25, Pilot, HLT2

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ffeingol and welcome to the forums!

I mainly use backpacks for similar carry, currently a Synik 30. I am a big fan of the Freudian Slip for additional organization, especially for paper stuff. So if you considering a Synapse or Synik this solution is certainly worth considering (although a bit more expensive).
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces