Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    I don't see how that helps prevent disease spreading???

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
    It sounds like they hope it will speed up boarding/deplaning and going through security?

Here in the US that weight limit would all but eliminate any sort of wheeled luggage being brought on board...
    Last edited by Vecturist; 05-12-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the articles I've seen speculating on changes to commercial flights include removing the middle seat altogether. So maybe once the dust settles they will allow cabin storage in that space. Sine then you wouldn't have to lean over your row-mates to put away your bags.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haraya View Post
    Some of the articles I've seen speculating on changes to commercial flights include removing the middle seat altogether. So maybe once the dust settles they will allow cabin storage in that space. Sine then you wouldn't have to lean over your row-mates to put away your bags.
    Reducing seat density by 1/3 will not happen long-term. Airlines will simply not sell or ticket those seats in the short term. There’s about zero chance they physically remove the seats and replace them with a suitably safe luggage storage space. That storage would have to be engineered and certified to survive many landings and a crash. It would cost a lot of money, for something that everyone hopes is a condition that will only last a couple years at most—assuming we get a vaccine. And bigger point: flying would become an even more challenging economic proposition with that much less capacity for the same fuel.

Heck, before all this, intra-Europe business class was usually still 3-3 seating with the middle blocked off because that’s the way the seats are built.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vecturist View Post
    It sounds like they hope it will speed up boarding/deplaning and going through security?

Here in the US that weight limit would all but eliminate any sort of wheeled luggage being brought on board...
    Going thru boarding and security faster and not leaning over people to stow luggage isn't going to help, when the danger is being sat in an enclosed space with lots of strangers for hours on end.

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gqb View Post
    Going thru boarding and security faster and not leaning over people to stow luggage isn't going to help, when the danger is being sat in an enclosed space with lots of strangers for hours on end.

I think the idea is that the health screening that will be done prior to boarding will reduce the risks. This will take extra time, so reducing the amount of baggage people need to stow once onboard is a way of compensating for this. Whether this proves to be true has yet to be seen.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Lufthansa is limiting carry on luggage to one piece (no size specified) and Finnair is as well, with added restriction is needs to fit under the seat.
    https://www.todayonline.com/8days/li...ncing-measures

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that I can travel, but I am noticing that most European airlines are limiting carry on luggage to a bag that can fit under the seat and Italy has mandated this for all flights out of Italy, on the grounds of having passengers board faster and to try to limit the potential for covid19. Definitely do-able for one bagging. Not sure if this will spread to US airlines or how long these policies will be in place.

France
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of many options being considered to make air travel safer and speed up recovery of industry and travel. Objective is to speed and simplify boarding of passengers by rows and minimise normal chaos and proximity. Whilst I normally try to travel with hand baggage only, it’s hardly a big issue given crisis if it allows me to travel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2