Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Headphones (Sony WH1000XM3, B&W PX) in Side Kick

Hello, according to the specs, the Side Kick is 2.8" deep. I have various over ear headphones, and am wondering which, if any, will fit inside. Two pairs of particular interest are the Sony WH 1000XM3 (for which the case is 2.4" deep) and the B&W PX, which are thinner than that but a slightly awkward shape when folded. Does anyone have experience putting either of these in a ballistic Side Kick, or alternatively of putting any 2.4" deep cases in the main pocket?

California
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have either of those headphones but I assume they're similar in size to my Bose QC 35ii's (just under 2.5 inches deep).

I took some photos of them in my ballistic SK. It's a little hard to see in the photos but they fit fine sideways with a little room to spare length-wise. There's also almost enough room for a small umbrella on top of the case. I tried putting the case in portrait orientation but the zipper just barely didn't close. Let me know if you have any questions or need more pictures.

Headphones (Sony WH1000XM3, B&W PX) in Side Kick-sk2-w600-h400-jpg

Headphones (Sony WH1000XM3, B&W PX) in Side Kick-sk3-w600-h400-jpg

Headphones (Sony WH1000XM3, B&W PX) in Side Kick-sk1-w600-h400-jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks aaesomepants --- that's very helpful. It looks as though there isn't much additional depth (the shortest dimension) to play with there, right? I think these headphones are slightly deeper than the Bose when folded down. Perhaps fitting out of the case would solve that.

Many thanks again!

Winnipeg, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tancata View Post
    Hello, according to the specs, the Side Kick is 2.8" deep. I have various over ear headphones, and am wondering which, if any, will fit inside. Two pairs of particular interest are the Sony WH 1000XM3 (for which the case is 2.4" deep) and the B&W PX, which are thinner than that but a slightly awkward shape when folded. Does anyone have experience putting either of these in a ballistic Side Kick, or alternatively of putting any 2.4" deep cases in the main pocket?
    This is a Halcyon Side Kick rather than ballistic, but here’s my Sony WH-1000XM3s inside, along with 3 14.8x21 cm Rhodia notebooks (A5 size I think, or close).

The case and the notebooks comfortably fill the depth - you could put a bit more in but it would get bulgy.

Without the case, you could comfortably fit two, maybe three more notebooks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks very much terayon, that is really valuable! Looks like it should be doable, as I don't need to fit much else beyond a phone!