Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: mask sizing

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mask sizing

i am smack dab in the middle of the size up vs down recommendation... bridge of nose to chin is exactly 4.5". should i go s/m or m/l? i don't like the large bulky masks but want it to fit. i do have a m/l nose fwiw. anyone else right on the cusp and have a recommendation?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deuxcv View Post
    i am smack dab in the middle of the size up vs down recommendation... bridge of nose to chin is exactly 4.5". should i go s/m or m/l? i don't like the large bulky masks but want it to fit. i do have a m/l nose fwiw. anyone else right on the cusp and have a recommendation?
    Go big. The larger size really does not feel that much larger, and may feel/fit better. I'm also at 4.5", with a large rounded nose. In my opinion the TB masks run a little small, especially compared to the pleated versions my company gave out. Still prefer the TB version and plan to get the new version 3.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not in the middle but have tried on the M/L mask I got for DH. I think mainly the difference is that on me, the edge of the mask is slightly past my chin (but the fabric is still snug against my face where they touch, if that makes sense). So I would say go with the larger size.

I am also looking forward to trying V3 - I think the lanyard will be great! I wasn't seeking adjustable ear straps but I can appreciate that the default size may not work for all.

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both and also recommend go M/L if you're on the edge of sizes
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks y’all ... large it is. guess i’ll wait till v2 is out. the neck lanyard will be nice for restaurants and such where it’s on and off, and on and off.

Lowcountry
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the chances of getting Tom Bihn masks made in size Extra Large (XL)?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phayes47 View Post
    What are the chances of getting Tom Bihn masks made in size Extra Large (XL)?
    I haven't heard of any additional sizes... @Darcy ?
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might send a question to the owner of this Etsy shop. Darcy & team asked if she would be willing to make masks with a filter pocket, since TB is not planning to offer those at this time. Rachel might be able to upsize the pattern and make an XL version for you.

tombihninspired

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the general mask thread on the "general questions" board has a sample review of v2 and v3. the reviewer is 4.5-5.0" bridge to chin and sounded like the v2 and v3 might be cut a smidge bigger and s/m seemed to fit them well. \_(ツ)_/