Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freudian Slip - how does it secure in a bag like the Synik 30?

Iíve got my Synik 30 preorder coming next month, and Iím trying to piece together what I may want with it. I think the FS is a possibility, but I canít tell if that secures in the bag or not. Also, will a smaller FS fit well in an S30?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi @father_dawg , I almost always use a FS in my Synik 30 as I like the additional organization. The FS for the Synik 30 fits snug in the bag and doesn‘t move around. You could certainly use smaller Freudian Slips as well depending on what you want to carry.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply. But it doesn’t secure with anything, right? Like there’s not a snap for loop handle or anything? It just slides in?

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, it just slides in and is easily pulled out by the loop at the top.
    Last edited by Wanderlust77; 07-20-2020 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never felt the need to secure the FS in any of the bags I use it. But if you would like to you could use the internal tie-down straps of the Synik to fasten it to the backpanel. I just tried it and it works. However, one of the reasons I love the FS is that you can take it out so easily while all the bits and pieces you use it for stay put.
    ...spread joy in your neighbourhood (and not Corona!) Smilie Rainbow Cheers
    current bags: Smart Alec, Guide's Pack, Guide's Edition S25, Luminary 15, Daylight Backpack, Aeronaut 45, Tri-Star, Road Buddy 36, Daylight Briefcase, Small Yeoman Duffel, bits and pieces

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great; thanks for the info, everyone! I'd rather pile everything into one order than place multiple orders over time and pay shipping, so now I need to see if there's an FS in a color I like for my upcoming Synik.

Thanks again!

EDIT: well, I just noticed that the slip isn't even in stock right now, so I'll have to wait for a little bit on it anyway.
    Last edited by father_dawg; 07-20-2020 at 07:31 AM.