Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PIKA Phone Pocket Performance

How secure is the phone pocket on the PIKA? Are you able to flip the PIKA upside down and the phone stays in the pocket securely or will it fall out?

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    How secure is the phone pocket on the PIKA? Are you able to flip the PIKA upside down and the phone stays in the pocket securely or will it fall out?
    Depends on what you're doing Smilie

It's pretty secure for 'normal' use (depends on your normal). Besides the material inside the pocket, there is a magnetic closure. I put my Pixel 4 inside and turned it upside down and shook it... I had to shake violently for 10+sec or so to get it fall out. So, I wouldn't take it rock climbing or trampolining and expect complete security flipping violently upside down.... but for most folks, for many activities, I would think it's fine, YMMV. Don't routinely carry it inverted.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by organicfarmer View Post
    The people who seemed to say “Yes! That’s what I need” were nurses and medical assistants — at least, before the Covid-19 period. Because the statement was that they had to carry their phones around in all sorts of situations, without pockets. And didn’t want it to fall out, e.g. into a toilet or other such circumstances.