Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all the Synik 22 owners out there

I've spent a bit of time searching the forum and I can't seem to find an answer to a question I have. For a one bag travel with the synik, do folks use/recommend stuff sacks or other containers for the two side pouches? My wife and I have two syniks coming when they get back in stock and I was wondering if I should add a stuff sack or something for the side pouches.

Forum Member
    The Carolinas
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Flack View Post
    For a one bag travel with the synik, do folks use/recommend stuff sacks or other containers for the two side pouches?
    IMO, that will depend on the items you intend to put into the space. Small items will probably get lost in the space, whereas larger items which fill the space well will probably not need any additional pouches. It also depends on your preference of using the o-rings.

Forum Member
    New York City
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like to use too many pouches in the Synapse 19 or Synik 22 since I feel like they are a little wasteful of space in a bag that already nearly completely organizes itself.

I like the Q-Kit Small or Ghost Whale Small in the side pockets, but just on one side.

I use a Ghost Whale Mini for medications and small stuff like lip balm, but if that GW didn't move from one bag to the next I'd just fill the small top pocket directly.

I like the TSS Size 1 or other brands of small, narrow zipper pouch in the bottom pocket, as the Small Snake Charmer is a little too thick fully loaded and the 3DOC is a little too tall.

I use one Specter Packing Cube Medium, from Eagle Creek and the 3DOC in the main compartment for toiletries.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the other owners. I only use a pouch to carry little things, since the bag is already well organized. I have used GWOPs, HLT1, Cubelets, and 3DOCs. HLT1 fits in the bottom pocket.

I put either a Side Kick, Side Effect, or Everyday Cubelet inside the main compartment of the bag when I fly. That way I have a purse I can use at my destination but only need to manage one bag in the airport.
    Last edited by Shortie; 07-22-2020 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Added purse ideas.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all!