Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really finding what I want so far

So I've been looking for a bag around the 9-10 liter size that fits my surface pro and so far, I'm not really finding what I want. I have a older ristretto and use that, but it has two problems that sort of frustrate me. First, the ristretto is narrower at the top than the bottom, so once the surface goes in, it can be hard to squeeze things into the bag or pull things out of the bag. You have to pull the surface in and out to easily get stuff in and out. Second, the older ristretto does not have a zipper in the front compartment, so more than once, the bag gets up ended and the stuff in the front compartment goes everywhere. Obviously the new design has a zipper and would solve the second problem. The ristretto doesn't seem to get a lot of love and is only being produced in black.

I've looked at the co-pilot, the MCB, and others, but nothing seems to fit the surface pro.

Any suggestions here? The two synics my wife and I ordered are soon on their way and this is the last opportunity to add something to our order.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered the Pilot ? It makes for a good laptop bag for my 13 inch Dell and accessories plus paperwork, everyday carry stuff and water bottle

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I want to go with 13 liters or so, there are definitely more options. However, in situations where I'd carry the bigger bag, I already have things that work . I was hoping to carry something smaller. For example, if I am traveling with enough to use my Aeronaut 30, I'll take the smaller bag. If I don't need the Aeronaut 30, I'll take a smaller backpack (synic 22) and I may carry the smaller bag if I need the space. Something in the 9-10 liter range is perfect for the smaller bag.

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daylight briefcase then maybe

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Portland, OR
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry my Surface Pro in a non-TB case in the Daylight Briefcase all the time. It's a great fit and I still have room for plenty of other stuff.
    Current Everyday Carry: S19 in Cloud/Island, 15C Cache, SE in Wasabi, SC in Fjord; Cubelets in Dawn, Canyon, and Grass, COW in Original Halcyon
    Current Travel Carry: A30 in Original Halcyon/Ultraviolet, DLBP in Nordic, PCSB in Sitka, Large TT in Sitka, SSK in Wasabi, 3DOC in Solar

Forum Member
    Perth, Australia
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really finding what I want so far

I agree. DLBC is a solid bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DLBC may be the ticket. Thanks all!

Forum Member
    VA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you try the DLBC. It is such an adaptable bag, and nice and light to boot. Enjoy!

Forum Member
    Cleveland, OH
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a DLBC coming as well; was just going to see how my son’s Cadet would work when it arrived, but the Aubergine popped up, and I’m a sucker for dark purple. Please update when you receive it!
    Medium Cafe Bag in plum/wasabi, Swift in cork, [B]Swift[B] Kiwi/Ultraviolet, Little Swift in Verde/Verde/Ultraviolet, S19 Black/Ultraviolet