Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pop Tote Dimensions

Can a pop tote owner out there tell me what the measurements are for the bottom of this bag? The web site says that it is 13 x 10, but it doesn't look that wide to me in the pictures. TIA

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by labrain View Post
    Can a pop tote owner out there tell me what the measurements are for the bottom of this bag? The web site says that it is 13 x 10, but it doesn't look that wide to me in the pictures. TIA
    Hi @labrain ,

I’s an Oval shape bottom to the Pop Tote, or maybe a rectangle with curved corners. The width of the bottom over most of the bag seems to be 8.2”, and that’s the separation along about 11” (maybe a tad less) of the length. The maximum length is about 14.2” at the longest point. if I were to measure length to the point on the edge between uniform width of 8.2” and where the length maxes out, it would be about 13” long. I know these are just quick measurements with tape, but maybe someone else can do better?

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That tells me exactly what I need to know. Thanks moriond. I think I need one of these in my collection ~

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by labrain View Post
    That tells me exactly what I need to know. Thanks moriond. I think I need one of these in my collection ~
    I think that the most helpful photos to give an idea of the size of what the Pop Tote can carry are probably in @Ilkyway ’s Pop Tote a take on zipped Totes by Tom Bihn thread for the debut of the Pop Tote in November 2017. One of the things that she shows on the first page of pictures is a hack for using a Small Shop Bag as a liner for the Pop Tote, because otherwise what you have is the inner side of the 525d Ballistic Nylon color of the bag. This isn’t a perfect liner, because it doesn’t take advantage of the full length of the bag, but it does tell you (if you have a small shop bag), that the width of the Small Shop Bag is not a bad approximation to the width of the bottom of the Pop Tote (the number I gave as 8.2”), though it has to be smaller.

There are also a number of good comparison pictures with other totes on that first page. Probably the most problematic questions we got at that time were from people wanting to carry large laptops (especially because laptops tended to be larger and longer then). There’s a trade off between storing longer items in the main compartment and how much use you want to make of the outside side pockets (for carrying a thermos or water bottle, for example).

If you have specific usage questions, post a question, and one of the aficionados of the Pop Tote will probably jump in and answe.

HTH

moriond