Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I travel quite a bit with just a SN22 (up to 10 days) or an A45 (longer trips). I use a SK as my inflight bag but I prefer to hand carry it and not put it in my main bag. Just a preference though as it would fit if I wanted it to. Technically I don't even hand carry the SK. Instead, I've attached a caribeener to the end and I clip it to the shoulder strap of my main bag while walking though the airport. I also have a Hydroflask 20oz bottle clipped to my shoulder strap.

Inside the SK I always have the following:

Front pocket: small Tumi wallet (similar in size to the Nik wallet), gum, snacks, Airpods, handkerchief, and iPhone 11 Pro (only while going through security - otherwise in my pants pocket)

Main pocket: iPad mini 5, Kindle, Bose QC35 (no case), one Apple charging cable/block, small writing notebook, pens, passport and various other odds and ends.

It really is a great little bag. I just love it. When I'm not traveling I use it as to hold my ping pong racket (I play 3 or 4 nights a week), phone, wallet and car keys.

For years I used a Co-Pilot which was great but that was when I was working and needed a bit more space for a small laptop. Now that I'm retired I don't need the laptop and don't need that much space. I initially kept using it but found that I was bringing more than I wanted/needed with me simply because there was more space available.

Incidentally when the HLT was released I really thought the HLT2 would be the perfect bag for me. I ordered one and tried very hard to like it and make it work. But, just couldn't do it and sent it back. In fact, I tried so hard I ordered it a second time and again sent it back.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incidentally when the HLT was released I really thought the HLT2 would be the perfect bag for me. I ordered one and tried very hard to like it and make it work. But, just couldn't do it and sent it back. In fact, I tried so hard I ordered it a second time and again sent it back.[/QUOTE]

I truly admire your commitment to the scientific process Think the Sidekick will work?Think the Sidekick will work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a Side Kick as my daily carry for travel, and then bought another one for my in flight bag when I started regularly traveling cross-country for work a couple of years ago. I keep it in my personal carry on (no straps) and pull it out when I sit down.

I think it's perfect as an in flight bag- I keep my iPad mini, charging cords, face wipes, Clorox wipes (yes, even pre-COVID), small snacks and travel journal and passport (for international trips). I also have over the ear headphones (that don't fold), but I keep them in my personal carry on item (usually my Pop tote) until I get on the plane and then keep them in the (open) Side Kick when I don't need them during the flight. I use S hook carabiners to connect the bag to the in-seat pocket. I tried the double carabiners but they did not work as well with the attachment points.

I also have 2 HLTs- size 1 for camera gear and size 2 for hiking odds and ends, and I think it would be much harder to use in flight due to its clam shell layout. I don't want anything that opens all the way up that far below me since I would hook it on the seat pocket in front of me. I do love the HLT for the purposes I use them for.

My husband thinks I'm a little nuts with my in flight set up, but I feel organized and prepared and it makes the regular cross-country slogs much less painful. I love not having to constantly pull out my personal carry on and dig around for various small items I need which is what he ends up doing Smilie

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband thinks I'm a little nuts with my in flight set up, but I feel organized and prepared and it makes the regular cross-country slogs much less painful. I love not having to constantly pull out my personal carry on and dig around for various small items I need which is what he ends up doing Smilie[/QUOTE]

You are so right! I could have weitten that myself! My husband and me = same! I always wait for him at security while he fumbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2