Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A30 cubes in an A45 bag?

Anyone using the A30 cubes instead of the A45 cubes inside an A45 bag? Do they slide around easily? Can you fit more of them? Anyone maybe have any pics of them in use?

Thanks so much!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by limapoint View Post
    Anyone using the A30 cubes instead of the A45 cubes inside an A45 bag? Do they slide around easily? Can you fit more of them? Anyone maybe have any pics of them in use?
    I have both the A30 and A45 and deliberately only bought the cubes sized for the A30 so that they would easily fit both (along with all the other types of packing pouches, OPs, etc). In particular I'm a fan of the laundry cubes - I usually travel with three of them. One is usually in a side pocket and two are in the main compartment. There is definitely more room around the edges vs using the A45 cubes, but to me they don't particularly slide around. The space is easily used for other rolled clothes, sandals, 3DOC, a book, etc.
    Normally I only carry the A45 once or so a year, for a mega-stuff trip like home for the holidays (coast to coast travel)...since I'm using the A45 for that trip because of all the extra stuff I have to carry (normally I"m A30), I use all the space in the bag so no chance for anything to slide around.

Sorry I can't post pics right now, I'm away from home.

ETA: I put a clear 3DOC and small Snake Charmer in the other pocket or shoes. Jeans are folded flat in the bottom of the main compartment. The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag can stand up in the main compartment and the two A30 laundry cubes can still sit flat side by side.
    Last edited by G42; 08-28-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

France
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a combination of A30 and A45 main compartment cubes and do sometimes deliberately use the A30 cubes in A45 when I have other items (for example: shoes, rolled up jacket, Snake Charmer) that I want to pack around it to optimise the space. So in the way I use it, nothing does slide around. Like G42, most are laundry cubes which I find really useful, but can be used as normal cubes with negligible weight and no space impact. I donít use packing cubes at all for the end/side pockets.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only purchased A30 cubes, knowing that they could be used in any of my bags, including S25, BB, PT, WF, etc... I actually put a large and small into a WF large packing cube; it fit with one of the side walls unzipped, and added some structure to the halcyon A45. Mind you, I havenít actually traveled with it... just test packed. I notice with the halcyon A45 or A30, it is easy for the bag to become ďlumpyĒ and misshapen if the contents are not packed thoughtfully. Not as concerning as the ballistic fabric, which holds its shape better. I am leaning towards only using TB packing cubes... my Eagle Creek cubes are the Spectre compression ones, and I really didnít think those were helpful... they just made hard, slippery balls out of my stuff, and that isnít a very efficient use of space :-( Enjoy your TB and eventual travels!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk