Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 19 Sizing question

Dear Fellow Bihnites
    I have a serious and chronic-releasing TB Addiction syndrome I am currently coveting an Original Halcyon Synapse 19, but wanted. your advice on its size relatively e to my torso (6.0', 195lbs). Will the Synapse 19 be too small? A Synapse. 25. would be a better fit, I'm. sure, but it's no longer available in Original Halcyon. Any. advice gratefully. received

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncojeans View Post
    Dear Fellow Bihnites
    I have a serious and chronic-releasing TB Addiction syndrome I am currently coveting an Original Halcyon Synapse 19, but wanted. your advice on its size relatively e to my torso (6.0', 195lbs). Will the Synapse 19 be too small? A Synapse. 25. would be a better fit, I'm. sure, but it's no longer available in Original Halcyon. Any. advice gratefully. received
    Yes. Too small. It will look like you are wearing a toddler pack. haha. I’m 5’8” and have purchased two out of sheer desperation for the color, but just couldn’t make it work. I gave them to my 5’0” friend and aunt.
    The fb BST group is a good place to search for a used one. It is a small moderated group. I got an Orig/Ultraviolet there and LOVE itSynapse 19 Sizing question
    Good luck with your quest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Blisscosity. You have confirmed my suspicions. I'll wait for an S25 to be made in Original Halcyon. Great advice!

Germany
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oncojeans View Post
    Thank you Blisscosity. You have confirmed my suspicions. I'll wait for an S25 to be made in Original Halcyon. Great advice!
    Original Halcyon is retiring, so better ask customer service if they plan to offer the S25 once more in Original Halcyon. I’m not sure how much fabric they have left.

Forum Member
    Florida, USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @oncojeans , I would offer another perspective: carry whatever you feel good about carrying! :-)

IMHO, a 19L backpack can work fine for a tall-ish guy.

That’s coming from a 6’1” guy who BC (before coronavirus) routinely used a Synapse19 for one-bag trips of 5-10 days.

YMMV, of course, but it didn’t look or feel weird to me (altho it sounds like others might disagree). lol

Background: I also have an S25, so I had the choice to use either one for those trips. In some instances, I didn't want to worry about exceeding an airline's carryon restrictions and in others I just wanted a bag with a smaller footprint... and I was happy to have the S19 as an option on those occasions.

Good luck with your decision!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second the above post. I'm 6'1", 195 lbs, and I don't feel my Synapse 19 looks weird on me. I might prefer an extra touch of height to match how my old Luminary 15 carried on me, but it's not weird to me without that extra height.

Either way, you'll love whichever bag you wind up getting!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also like original halcyon. You might consider a daylight backpack. Don’t know if they are available in oh but they have a longer “look” to me and always useful as a packable daypack.