Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Accessory for Face Mask?

Apologies if this has been asked already - but I'm looking for an accessory that I can place my face mask in, so I can throw that thing into my bag without worrying about contamination of the other things in my bag. I was thinking a cubelet, but I was wondering if others had suggestions? Thanks!

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clee View Post
    Apologies if this has been asked already - but I'm looking for an accessory that I can place my face mask in, so I can throw that thing into my bag without worrying about contamination of the other things in my bag. I was thinking a cubelet, but I was wondering if others had suggestions? Thanks!
    Welcome to the Forums @clee !

Cubelet, Everyday Cubelet, OPs, Ghost Whales, Travel Stuff Sacks - all of those would work.

I think it partly depends on whether you feel you need to wash the container frequently or not. I'd lean towards using plastic baggies until they fall apart or find a lightweight fabric pouch or bag that I could easily and frequently throw in the washing machine to clean.
    Last edited by G42; 09-10-2020 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typos
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think your choice may depend on how thick your mask fabric is, but I like to use the super mini Ghost Whale Organizer pouches for holding my masks. If you are using a version 3 mask with both thicker fabric, extra bit around the nose and the heavier clip, you might want to opt for the larger mini size instead. I can easily carry a S/M and a M/L v1 mask in a Super Mini GWOP.

I like the fact that because the mask is completely zipped up in this pouch that I donít have to worry about it coming into contact with anything else. Also, with the snaphook tether, I can access it individually pulled out of a bag.

HTH

moriond

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    I'd lean towards using plastic baggies until they fall apart .
    Agreed Smilie individual clean masks go in a small plastic zip lock bag. Travels nicely without contamination in my handbag, and easy to tell which mask needs washing. If it's not in a baggie, it needs a wash.

France
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep my clean masks in a small plastic zip lock bag (the size for airport liquids which I had plenty in stock and not otherwise used due to much reduced air travel).
    Last edited by BigBadD; 09-11-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Seattle, WA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I think your choice may depend on how thick your mask fabric is, but I like to use the super mini Ghost Whale Organizer pouches for holding my masks. If you are using a version 3 mask with both thicker fabric, extra bit around the nose and the heavier clip, you might want to opt for the larger mini size instead. I can easily carry a S/M and a M/L v1 mask in a Super Mini GWOP.
    Super Mini GWOP is what I like for masks as well, I use mine to carry a spare mask around in case I find myself needing one. Works very well clipped to the outside of my Everyday Cubelet.