Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    France
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with your colour choice. My first Tom Bihn bag (A45) was made with similar debate and was black ballistic with wasabi interior and I still love it. Black does work well for both formal and informal situations and is a timeless classic. But since then I have chosen other bags with some different colour - aubergine being my personal favourite.

If I had a choice of interior colour, then wasabi would remain a favourite, as it is bright and easy to find contents. But more often the interior colour has not been an option based on bag availability, and many bags have been NWS interior which is fine but agreed a bit boring. But ultimately I’m not sure I spend much time admiring the interior of a bag...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    They do stock the Synik 22 in Nebulous Grey/Solaris. I think the size is a good one, but I donít particularly make use of the clamshell opening or luggage pass through. I do think the built-in frame support on the Synik is well done. Solaris wasnít a color option when I got my Synik 22 (early); it might have been enough to push me towards a Synik 22 over a Synapse 19, but Iím happy with the design of the Synapse 19. If you carry a slightly larger laptop (14Ē and not a Mac) you might find the Synapse design a bit more accommodating, but a lot of people like the separate laptop compartment of the Synik, and the fact that the bag rests more easily upright with the reinforced base. I got my first Synapse 19 in the first production batch for that bag, and I still love the original model.

Not a big deal, but I prefer the #8 zippers on the Synapse 19 to the beefier #10 ones used on the Synik 22; theyíre easier to open. Both bags now have the edgeless shoulder straps that were introduced with the Synik. I donít overnight with my Synapse, but if you want that capability (along with the slightly larger space), that would be a good reason to opt for the Synik 22.

HTH

moriond
    The Synapse 19 is near perfect for me and I like the centered logo design but considering that I'd have to pay for add ons like the frame sheet and possibly cache (with no separate laptop compartment), I guess the Synik 22 might be a better option. The bag is small enough that I don't care for the clamshell opening or luggage pass through either. The new logo on the bottom right throws me off a little bit but I might remove it in the future for a clean symmetrical look.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer gray as dirt doesnít show up as well as black plus it doesnít get as hot when you leave it in the sun - Black body absorbs heat more readily.

Choosing color on a new Tom Bihn bag is agonizing. I remember when I bought my first Makerís bag, I was going through all the color options for weeks. I finally decided to pick one at close to random. Bottom line is whatever you choose, youíre probably going to like it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool AGONY!

I think we all understand your quandary!
    I started with black TB bags, because I just wasn't sure about the look of the S25 with all them pockets. And as love deepened, looks mattered less, so I thought I would try my next fave: Nebulous Grey, and then on to other forms of grey and black. Turns out, I really like black, even though white marks show up on it sometimes. I love the streamlined look, the practicality, the versatility, ... the stealth. Anyway, go with what speaks to your heart and gut. You WILL love it. haha It might take a while to find your absolute fave, because there are so many things to love at TB. Good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got nebulous gray/solaris s22! It was sold out yesterday but miraculously was in stock again today. Thank you for your useful input, everyone!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2