Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Albuquerque
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking about a Gym Bag

I want a reason to buy an Icon. My gym is still closed but I'm thinking of getting a new gym bag. In some of the photos, it looks like the Icon would be big enough to carry the few things I take to the gym or to the pool. But in other photos, the Icon looks way too small to function as a gym bag.

Any thoughts from Icon users out there?

And before anyone tells me that it would make a great everyday carry - I'll just say that I have the spectacular Sidekick for that.

Forum Member
    North Carolina
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Icon is the size of a large purse. You could put some gym items in it but not a lot. For example, it would probably be a tight fit for my size 6 sneakers.

The gyms around me shut down before I purchased my Icon but I only needed a few things the Pick Up Truck was perfect. Otherwise, if I need to carry a lot more (change of clothes, makeup, etc.) the Truck was perfect. Small Yeoman also works well.

Germany
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Icon would definitely be too small. How about a SZTSB?

Forum Member
    Las Vegas
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=patricia.oakley;193261]I want a reason to buy an Icon. My gym is still closed but I'm thinking of getting a new gym bag. In some of the photos, it looks like the Icon would be big enough to carry the few things I take to the gym or to the pool. But in other photos, the Icon looks way too small to function as a gym bag.

Any thoughts from Icon users out there?

The MCB is similar size and my daughter uses the (Aubergine) one I gave her as her CrossFit bag...but she dresses out at home and returns home to shower. It fits all of her gear and her water bottle, but it definitely wouldn’t fit shoes & shower gear. (But the Icon *is* super cuteHeart Eyes)

Forum Member
    Boston, MA
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the co-pilot. I shower at home so don’t bring towels, shampoo etc. but I can fit everything I need in the co-pilot.

Forum Member
    New Zealand
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the Pop Tote as a gym bag when I was going to the gym. Like Traveltech, I shower at home so it was really just for clothes and shoes.
    A30 in original halcyon/wasabi. Side Kick in verde/northwest sky and cloud/viridian, Pop Tote in Mars Red and Nebulous Grey, Travel Cubelet in Mars Red, Viridian and Grass, A30 packing cube backpack in northwest sky, large travel tray in sitka, packing cubes, pouches and cubelets

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think either the pop tote or pilot would work great as a gym bag. I wear size 9 1/2 tennis shoes and they fit easily in either bag. Both bags have a dedicated area that hold my Thermos 18oz stainless steel water bottle perfectly. Both bags would carry clothes, thinner towel and toiletries etc. My preference would probably be my nordic dynema (or halcyon) pilot because it can be used with shoulder strap and is more squishable than the pop tote. That being said I also love my aubergine pop tote. I have more than one Icon and don't see how it would work as a gym bag.

I love the black 400 halcyon and see Pilot is available in it with Northwest Sky interior. NW Sky is not exciting but it serves nicely to make contents easy to see and as a backdrop for TB accessories in brighter colors.

Last edited by kjquilts; 09-12-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Forum Member
    davenport, ia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iíve frequently used a pop tote, daylight backpack, and large shop bag as swim & gym bags, both have enough space for towel, swimmies, toiletries, etc. an icon would likely be way too small.

Forum Member
    New England
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It depends what you bring. Short sleeves and shorts that pack small and small sized low profile shoes would fit. Do you have a PCSB? If your gear fits in that, it'll fit into the icon with room to spare.