Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TB Daylight - can you wear this like a sling?

I'm looking to replace my Decathlon super small packable backpack with another packable backpack to put in my bigger backpack that I use for travel. I'm looking at the TB Daylight.

One thing I like about my current packable backpack is that I can wear it a little bit more like a sling by putting my head through both shoulder straps, and let it hang from one shoulder. Here are two examples that approach what I mean (I couldn't find an exact image):

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/42...0837e78c64.jpg
    https://www.eastpak.com/media/catalo...2/EK70E26W.jpg

Can someone let me know if this is possible / not possible with the Daylight (of course with light load - like just a water bottle and a jacket in it)? And with not possible I also mean if it makes the backpack look really weird. Thanks!

Alabama
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say no, I donít think it would lean correctly as a sling. I can try when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Not all who wander are lost"
    "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
    Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Forum Member
    UK
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried this with my older cordura daylight backpack.
    It is doable but I would say two things:
    1. Depending on your body size you may find the straps too short to use the bag sling style. I wear a 2XL and I find the straps more than long enough for regular backpack carry, but they were borderline too short for sling style carry.
    2. When wearing sling style my bag kinda folded in half lengthways which felt and looked weird. The daylight has no foam to stiffen the back panel, which makes it super foldable, particularly in the more flexible fabrics like cordura (older model) or halcyon.

I really like the daylight backpack but I don't think I would wear it like a sling often / at all when it is so comfy and easy to access when worn backpack style. I would often just wear it over the shoulder by one strap if I needed frequent access.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Forums @LimboGiant !
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks all! Now to wait until the Halcyon is back in stock Cool