Main TOM BIHN website
 
emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

  • Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Tom Bihn Bags to sell/husband passed

    Hello,
    I am new to this forum, but not new to Tom Bihn bags. My husband, Jerry (TIZI) was an avid collector/user of Tom Bihn. Unfortunately, my husband passed away on October 7th this year :-( I am wondering if anyone knows of a place that I could sell his Tom Bihn bags, as I know their worth and want to not sell them in the wrong venue. Here is a list he made of all the Tom Bihn bags and what they originally cost new. All are in excellent shape. He also has lots of accessories. If you have any information that could help me, it would be appreciated.

    A45 $280 qty 2
    A30 $270 qty 2
    Tri Star $315 qty 1
    Co-Pilot $130
    Pilot $150
    S19 $170 qty 2
    Brain Bag $190
    lmago $110
    Cadet 11 $170
    ID $160
    Road Duffle $160
    Small Cafe Bag $60
    Medium Cafe Bag $65
    Daylight Briefcase $80 qty 2
    Daylight Backpak $80
    Ristretto 13 $140
    Ristretto Ipad $130
    Side Effect $30 qty 4

  2. #2
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,377
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbuckchic View Post
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum, but not new to Tom Bihn bags. My husband, Jerry (TIZI) was an avid collector/user of Tom Bihn. Unfortunately, my husband passed away on October 7th this year :-( I am wondering if anyone knows of a place that I could sell his Tom Bihn bags, as I know their worth and want to not sell them in the wrong venue. Here is a list he made of all the Tom Bihn bags and what they originally cost new. All are in excellent shape. He also has lots of accessories. If you have any information that could help me, it would be appreciated.
    Hello @sbuckchic

    I am very sorry for your loss - this has been such a difficult year!

    The Forums aren't set up to allow sales. Your best option is to list them on eBay or a similar selling site. There is an invitation only Facebook TB enthusiasts group that allows sales and some folks have good luck with the general Facebook marketplace or Craigslist.
    Regardless of where/how you list, it's best to list the inside & outside colours/fabrics and photos, as well as the condition, and be sure to be careful.

    Best of luck to you and our deepest sympathy.
    Last edited by G42; 12-27-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for your loss. The TB Facebook group is very friendly and will help with colour identification. Maybe post a few photos in that group to get started. Quite often you will have a member PM (private message) you straight away with an offer, because the bag in the photo is their desired colour combo.
    Last edited by bijoux; 12-27-2020 at 04:51 PM.

  4. #4
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,548
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbuckchic View Post
    Hello,
    I am new to this forum, but not new to Tom Bihn bags. My husband, Jerry (TIZI) was an avid collector/user of Tom Bihn. Unfortunately, my husband passed away on October 7th this year :-( I am wondering if anyone knows of a place that I could sell his Tom Bihn bags, as I know their worth and want to not sell them in the wrong venue. Here is a list he made of all the Tom Bihn bags and what they originally cost new. All are in excellent shape. He also has lots of accessories. If you have any information that could help me, it would be appreciated.

    A45 $280 qty 2
    A30 $270 qty 2
    Tri Star $315 qty 1
    Co-Pilot $130
    Pilot $150
    S19 $170 qty 2
    Brain Bag $190
    lmago $110
    Cadet 11 $170
    ID $160
    Road Duffle $160
    Small Cafe Bag $60
    Medium Cafe Bag $65
    Daylight Briefcase $80 qty 2
    Daylight Backpak $80
    Ristretto 13 $140
    Ristretto Ipad $130
    Side Effect $30 qty 4
    I’m so sorry for your loss.

    I agree that the Tom Bihn BST & Discussion group on Facebook would be the easiest way as you only need to make one big post instead of going through over a dozen separate eBay listings.

    The mods of the FB group are very helpful if you need anything.

    Good luck

  5. #5
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,548
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone clarify for me please what “invite only” means for a Facebook group? I thought the TB BST group was a closed group, meaning you have to click a Join button and maybe answer questions agreeing to abide by the group rules. Invite-only to me sounds like something different but I’m not super in touch with these differences.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    150
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Could someone clarify for me please what “invite only” means for a Facebook group? I thought the TB BST group was a closed group, meaning you have to click a Join button and maybe answer questions agreeing to abide by the group rules. Invite-only to me sounds like something different but I’m not super in touch with these differences.
    Yes, thats right. It is not public, it is private.... one must be "accepted" by a moderator into the Facebook group.

  7. #7
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Share
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,377
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Could someone clarify for me please what “invite only” means for a Facebook group? I thought the TB BST group was a closed group, meaning you have to click a Join button and maybe answer questions agreeing to abide by the group rules. Invite-only to me sounds like something different but I’m not super in touch with these differences.
    Sorry, I'm probably being sloppy with the language (definitions depend on industry). It's not an 'open group'.
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

  8. #8
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,548
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bijoux View Post
    Yes, thats right. It is not public, it is private.... one must be "accepted" by a moderator into the Facebook group.
    Quote Originally Posted by G42 View Post
    Sorry, I'm probably being sloppy with the language (definitions depend on industry). It's not an 'open group'.
    Thanks for the clarification! I just wanted to ask in case the idea of an invitation-only group put anyone off or made it seem like an insiders-only group. Right now they seem to have a good balance between inclusivity and trust. May that long continue!

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Share
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,793
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are a crafter you might be familiar with the Ravelry website. There is a group there called "TOM BIHN Knitting Bags" which talks about all things TB. People also sell their TB bags on that group. You'll need to post photos and list the colors (outside and inside colors) and the condition of the bags. Also show the logo label, as some people are very interested in collecting some of the discontinued logo label bags.

  10. #10
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,548
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWeaves View Post
    If you are a crafter you might be familiar with the Ravelry website. There is a group there called "TOM BIHN Knitting Bags" which talks about all things TB. People also sell their TB bags on that group. You'll need to post photos and list the colors (outside and inside colors) and the condition of the bags. Also show the logo label, as some people are very interested in collecting some of the discontinued logo label bags.
    The last time I checked (a while ago) you needed to pay $5 in order to post photos in the forums in the way that you would need to (you’re asked to include photos to sell stuff in the TB group). Of course you’d make that back with your first bag sale but in a time of grief I don’t know if I could handle that extra layer of admin.

  11. #11
    Forum Member haraya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,610
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sbuckchic - I am so sorry for your loss.

    I just wanted to clarify that as far as I know there isn't a need for an invite for the FB group. Anyone can ask to join, and then a moderator can add you to the group.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
    Thanks for the clarification! I just wanted to ask in case the idea of an invitation-only group put anyone off or made it seem like an insiders-only group. Right now they seem to have a good balance between inclusivity and trust. May that long continue!
    Last edited by haraya; 12-28-2020 at 09:23 PM.

  12. #12
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Share
    The far west
    Posts
    6,440
    Mentioned
    429 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @sbuckchic All of us here at TOM BIHN are so sorry for your loss. I remember Tizi's presence here on the Forums fondly. I am glad everyone was able to share the resource of the TOM BIHN Facebook Group.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

    Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •