Alternative to monkey-fist zipper pull
This is what I have done for the lid zipper on my Aeronaut. It's called a cobra knot, and if that's not a cool name for something I don't know what is! As an added bonus you can untie it and you have a yard of 2 mm cord that you can use to:
- make a clothesline
- replace a shoelace
- make an emergency belt
- lash your bag to an alpaca, vehicle or sturdy friend
- make a splint with sticks or a magazine
- build an impromptu shelter
- build an impromptu pillow-fort
- make a tripwire to alert you to intruders
- make a hair tie
- spice up your love life
- hold your seedy hotel door closed
- snare rat living in seedy hotel
- along with duct tape; repair just about anything
- individual strands can be used for thread, floss, fishing line etc...
- the list goes on and on..... Add any of your own below!
You can see how to make one here:
Last edited by Darcy; 12-18-2012 at 03:03 PM.
I use the same knot (I call it a Solomon bar) for all sorts of things including as a very chunky key ring!
Brilliant! along with the bigger carabiner you have everything you need to set up an emergency anchor to rappel out of a seedy motel window using your bed sheets! (Don't try this at home kids!) although I will say tied diagonally a queen bed sheet is good for one floor...
Originally Posted by Fat Crip
Watch Cirque du Soliel aerial silk artists for style tips... Lol
Tags for this Thread