Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After unsuccessfully trying elastic bands and then duct tape, I now use the Web Dominator. They work perfectly on my Synapse 19. Here's a post of my experience: Tame dangling straps with Web Dominator - Packing Light TravelPacking Light Travel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I put Dominators on my S19, and was quite happy with them. But recently I noticed that the elastic strap on at least one of them had popped off - gone forever. I may try some small hair elastics on the Dominators.

One of these days, though, I'm going to crank up the ol' sewing machine, and just stitch some wide elastic in a loop to the ends of the straps. (perpendicular to the strap; then you fold/roll up the end, and flip the loop over the bundle to hold it in place) Then I won't need to worry about losing anything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tpnl,

Thanks! You're a doll. I greatly appreciate the additional pictures. I'm feeling motivated to give this a try this weekend.

flips712

Connecticut
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by packing light View Post
    After unsuccessfully trying elastic bands and then duct tape, I now use the Web Dominator. They work perfectly on my Synapse 19. Here's a post of my experience: Tame dangling straps with Web Dominator - Packing Light TravelPacking Light Travel
    These things are wonderful - I have them on my S25.
    --------------------------------

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post

I saw on another backpack that they attached the dangling end webbing to a D-ring that was already threaded through the part of the webbing attached to the bottom of the backpack. I built my own version using a 1" tri-glide and D-Ring.
    To install it, I unthreaded the backpack strap webbing and threaded it through the D-Ring. I then rethreaded it back through the shoulder strap and then through the tri-glide. I then looped it through the D-Ring and then back though the tri-glide (it sounds complicated but is similar to how the Absolute Strap is threaded around the end hook which is not hard to do).
    Where did you get the D Ring for this? I see TB sells the triglides but I don't see the d rings anywhere

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello @Selykg

I live in Canada and I got the D-Rings from MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-Op) which I think is only in Canada.
    However, I believe most hiking shops should carry D-Rings. You can also find them on Amazon and Strapworks (HUGE assortment of items).
    Also, a google search for Plastic Black D-Rings will get you a lot of other places as well - they should not be hard to find.

Hope this helps
    Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use Web Dominators. I discovered them a few years ago, put them on my Synapse 19 and they’re stayed put. They work beautifully. Here’s a description: Tame dangling straps with Web Dominator - Packing Light Travel

Volunteer Moderator
    SF Bay area
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading about the Web Dominator here on the forums, I asked for a set for the holidays and immediately put them on my new Smart Alec - they work great! The second set went on my S19, my EDC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2