Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dyneema - ever see threads poking through?

Wondering if anybody sees white threads poking through between one or two of the squares? I used my pilot large parking cube for the first time today and on unpacking I notice a handful of short white threads poking out in two of the squares. Fabric otherwise feels intact and I don't think it will affect functionality.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it nobody else has experienced this, at least not to any significant degree.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doh. I meant to respond to this. Sorry. No, I haven't seen this ever. You may want to take a picture and send it to TB and they can tell you if it's abnormal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downeast Maine
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GoStanford, sorry I missed your post somehow. I have a few dyneema bags and have seen anything like what you describe. Do you happen to have a photo.

I remember not long ago someone asking a similar sort of question. They provided a photo and Darcy took it from there. I'd never find the post again. Maybe moriond with the magic fingers???

I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance.
    Moose
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moose, is it the thread titled "Nordic SE fraying", last replied to on June 12, 2014?

I'm not sure whether my post will show up very soon, since I'm still new--and I'm not yet sure how to include a link to the thread itself--but perhaps the thread title and date will be helpful to you.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://forums.tombihn.com/questions-...e-fraying.html

@Linden, it's the logo with a planet in it, to the right of the smileys, just copy your link after you click on it.
    Last edited by icebeng; 07-06-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this link! Mine is not along the white lines themselves but between - almost like extra fibers were caught there. I will keep an eye on it and contact TB if there is any further concern.

Appreciate the tips.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    icebeng, thanks! I'm very glad to learn that.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Linden
    Glad to be of help!

@GoStanford
    Are the extra fibers short ones that got woven in or do they connect to "main lines"?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    @GoStanford
    Are the extra fibers short ones that got woven in or do they connect to "main lines"?
    The former, I think. The integrity of the main lines doesn't seem to be affected. I was concerned that it would impact the strength of the intervening material but so far that doesn't seem to be the case. Not sure if any white fibers are normally embedded but invisible inbetween the main lines.

Will keep an eye on it.