Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think timarelay has nailed the point. I do not like the Shop Bag for EDC but it is so incredible useful beyond shopping. It is a "catch it all" in my car, a swim bag, a library bag, a "hold all these snacks till we are hungry" bag... So you would by no means be left with a dust-catcher if it does not work out as an EDC.

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I think timarelay has nailed the point. I do not like the Shop Bag for EDC but it is so incredible useful beyond shopping. It is a "catch it all" in my car, a swim bag, a library bag, a "hold all these snacks till we are hungry" bag... So you would by no means be left with a dust-catcher if it does not work out as an EDC.

Ilkyway
    Having used my black dyneema SSB as EDC on my recent school trip, I think it's a good choice for EDC if one doesn't mind the risk of stuff falling out, people reaching into the bag, etc. The 400D is a lot less floppy than the 200D and black in particular prevents the SB from looking too much like an expensive grocery bag. I didn't look as spiffy as my Longchamp-toting classmates, but it wasn't super awkward in formal settings.

During my trip, I strapped my SE and MOC with important non-essentials to the O-rings and the side pockets were used for an umbrella and beverages. There was space left for my FJN and other smaller items. Today, back home, the same bag sat in my ultrasuede LS when I went to the library, and was later used to hold my books and takeout lunch. Very useful, that SSB.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 05-07-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Small Shop Bag is great, I sneaked a Steel one, in a mostly women gathering, as a nice purse.

The Packing Cube Shoulder Bag fits perfectly inside the Small Shop Bag, it can be secured by tethering one of its side O-ring with the included Short Key Strap, if you have extra Key Straps (Long or Short) you can add one to the other side O-ring and you have a very secure inside pocket in your Small Shop Bag.

The side pockets are perfect for water bottles, compact umbrellas sized objects or more things stashed inside Size 1 Travel Stuff Sack(s).

You will be able to fit your folded wind breaker on the side of the PCSB, my Plus Size fits.

An SE placed on top of the PCSB fills it up to the rim, but, because the Small Shop Bag is so flexible, you can more things like a book or a notebook on the side of the PCSB.

I wonder if a DLBC would fit in the Small Shop Bag?

If so, a DLBC in 200D Dyneema would be a great idea! Hem... UV please! Smilie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2