Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Use of ultrasuede screen cloth on eyeglasses

OK, not bag, but product. Per the product description page, the ultrasuede screen cloth can be used on eyeglasses. Is it safe for the anti-glare reflective coating? Can eyeglass lens cleaner be sprayed on it?

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now I'm curious, too.

My polycarbonate lenses have the special anti-scratch coating. I ruined them when I used a microfiber cloth to clean them. The microfiber cloth was actually designed to clean glasses, so I was surprised. It was an expensive lesson, as i require polycarbonate safety lenses.

Hopefully the ultra suede cloth is safe. elisa

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a long winded reply,
    As a person that uses a small double organizer pouch as my glass carry cleaner kit, (special glass tissues and thin metal spray tube/can with cleaning solution in the large pouch with a microfiber cloth - from the eyeglass store (larger then the itty bitty one that comes with the glasses) in the small pouch. My process is to spray the lenses first, then use the tissues, usually two to clean the lenses, I then use the micro fiber cloth as a buffer cloth to expel any "wipe" marks from using the spray and to get a perfect crisp clear lense.(I wash the cloth every week when I do do a cold water dark clothes wash/ I have several)The reason the cloth is not used as a first "use" is that if there is any speck of particulate matter on the lense it could then turn into a scratch by using the dry cloth only method. I clean my glasses about 3- 4 times a day.
    So for with that process in mind I'm not so sure I would be using the suede cloth in that capacity, because I'm not a believer in the dry method as the wet method provides a way for getting rid of any particulate matter. If u do use the suede cloth as a second stage buffer the question that needs to be asked as well is that could it be washed in cold water on a weekly basis.
    Cheers, from an eyeglass cleaner fanatic.

Wisconsin
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailhiker View Post
    particulate matter
    These are two of my most favorite words to say together. Smilie