Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Asheville, NC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thoughts on the RFID Blocking Passport Pouch

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts on the RFID Blocking Passport Pouch? For those of you who have one, how do you use it? . . . in your Side Effect, backpack, Cafe Bag, around your neck? I've seen lots of posts that most people just carry their passport in a Double Organizer Pouch. I've also seen that there is no info on a passport that needs to be protected by the RFID technology . . . but our Credit Cards do need that protection (we do have the chip&pin credit cards) - one suggestion was to just get the RFID sleeves for Credit Cards & use them in our Clear Organizer Wallets or Double Organizer Pouches. We are 'on the fence' as to whether we want to purchase the RFID Blocking Passport Pouch & would love to know your thoughts/ideas. And- is there a way to close/secure the pouch if we put credit cards in there too? Thanks!
    Last edited by chinalake; 03-16-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Forum Member
    Alaska
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings Chinalake,
    The passport pouch closes with Velcro. It is very secure. I am confident keeping credit cards and paper money there. While my phone also fits, it does not accept calls while in there. elisa

Alexandria, VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US passports since 2006 do have RFID. The passport cover contains a radio-frequency shield, so the cover must be opened for the data to be read. So the PP is kind of redundant, but it is large enough for two passports or a passport and several cards.
    [2004] Brain Bag (w/Lg. A45 Packing Cube, Q-kit & 2 Brain cells) ___________________________________________ "Be excellent to each other."
    - [2010] Aeronaut45 (w/Absolute, 1lg/2sm Packing Cubes, Travel Tray PCSB, Passport Pouch & 3D clear cube)
    - - [2013] Co-Pilot (w/S.O.S. strap, Cache, Clear Org wallet, 3D mesh cube, whistle, Sm. COP's & Q-kit)
    - - - [2015] Tristar (traded for A30)
    - - - - [2016] ID, Aeronaut30 (w/Absolute & Lg. Aether cube), Side Effect