Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Smart Alec zips

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smart Alec zips

The newer Smart Alec pictures on the web-site seem to have different zips from what they used to, photos for comparison:

NEW:
    Smart Alec zips-screen-shot-2015-03-16-15-24-07-png

OLD:
    Smart Alec zips-screen-shot-2015-03-16-15-24-16-png

Obviously the nylon cord has been replaced with metal pullers but what about the actual zips themselves, can someone outline the difference for me? Are these new ones still water repellent?

Thanks

Minneapolis, MN
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a thread that has a lot of useful pics and links. Be warned, you're about to enter a rabbit hole…
    http://forums.tombihn.com/questions-...ht=new+zippers

I have bags with both style zips, and I like the new style better. The upside-down former style has not fared well for me, with the coating discoloring and disintegrating after a few years (a cosmetic issue, but for me a sad one). The new style won't do that. Plus, I like the gunmetal zipper pulls and the jangly noise they make.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah thank-you that's quite reassuring, and the video about customising the zippers it links to is pretty useful. I think I'll do that. I like the idea of wrapping a bit of cord around them to make them quieter!