Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 25 Color Choices!

Hey there!

In the process of figuring out what my FIRST Tom Bihn order will consist of.

I was wondering if anyone had photos of the Synapse 25 in Cocoa/Wasabi?

The TB store lady today said it was under-represented on the website and is beautiful in person.

I'm torn between the Green and the Cocoa and need help! I can't find photos anywhere besides the two on TB.com

Atlanta, GA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember seeing this color combo somewhere but it took some Google Images-Fu to track down the links.

Here's the Synapse and the Cafe Bag in Cocoa/Wasabi.

HTH.

Long live Burnt Orange! Zest! 152!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great thank you! Any more photos are welcome!

Personal opinions on Green vs Cocoa are also appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to copy this but go to you tube, tom bihn, and Jason Redman's unboxing of a medium cafe bag. It is in those colors.

Forum Member
    Mateh Binyamin, Israel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a cocoa/wasabi. It's gorgeous and I love it. It also completely doesn't show the dirt, which is a big plus in my book--this bag gets shoved under bus seats a lot, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstrooz View Post
    Hey there!

In the process of figuring out what my FIRST Tom Bihn order will consist of.

I was wondering if anyone had photos of the Synapse 25 in Cocoa/Wasabi?

The TB store lady today said it was under-represented on the website and is beautiful in person.

I'm torn between the Green and the Cocoa and need help! I can't find photos anywhere besides the two on TB.com
    That was me, for reference. Embarrassment I still stand by it! I'm glad you're looking into the Cocoa more! (I'm a not-so-secret Wasabi fanatic...)

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahah! How great that you're active on here!

Is there anyway you could post some more comprehensive pictures from the store sometime for me?

I'm super torn between the Green & Cocoa still. I dig the Wasabi-accents that were represented on the Synapse 25 packing video with he Olive bag.

Unsure how "masculine?" the Cocoa/Wasabi will be.

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unsure how "masculine?" the Cocoa/Wasabi will be.
    Are you worried that it will be too masculine? Or not masculine enough?

I don't own any bags in Cocoa but I do have accessories and it's a pretty gender-neutral color, much in the same way as Navy or Steel. At least to my mind, this is not a color combo that screams LADY!, but would not look amiss on a bag carried by said LADY!.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!

I guess my concern is "is it masculine enough".

Additionally, I know the wasabi will stand out, but I want the bag to look somewhat professional/tasteful than personal flare if that makes sense?

There just isn't enough of them out there yet to have pictures so I can decide for myself.

I would buy it regardless in a heartbeat if this wasn't my first purchase.

Just want my first TB to be a keeper for years!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Darcy posted some pictures on the forums when the Cocoa/Wasabi Synapse option first became available. I think that Cocoa has a deeper and richer color seen in person -- the studio photo lightings tends to make the bag colors appear a bit lighter.

HTH

moriond

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Ilkyway's Avatar
    GMT +1 Germany, North
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My husband uses a cocoa Daylight Briefcase as his office bag. Looks very good on him.

To me the cocoa is a nice nish where it is not as boaring as black (my oppinion of cause, I know black is whidely loved) but not too coloful so it can go everywher where black can go.
    I am not a green-fan but non the less: green is "more" color. That can translate into both: a. More chearfull or b. Less classy.

Since we are talking backpack here, classy might not be the main conern anyway? But cocoa is by no means a girly color. Women have the advantage to be able to wear any color without raising the question if the cilor is appropriat. But dark browns are no where near to have ever been a pure femal color. And all the former "girly-colors" are more and more highjackt by men these days (and rightfull so).

Just my two cents

Ilkyway
    “Ankh-Morpork people considered that spelling was a sort of optional extra. They believed in it in the same way they believed in punctuation; it didn't matter where you put it so long as it was there.”

By Sir Terence David John Pratchett from The Truth

Volunteer Moderator Alumni Badger's Avatar
    Somerville, MA
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Synapse 25 Color Choices!

To me, the Cocoa/Wasabi colorway seems not so much "professional" as "professorial." The combination of earth and grass tones also suggests an outdoorsy, Pacific Northwest aesthetic to me, but that may be because I associate black, navy, and grey with urban or corporate environments. I'd say that if you work in an office that is okay with backpacks, you should be fine with Cocoa. Since it's not shiny and the S25 has a monochromatic exterior, it will fit in while still looking different from all the other black bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TB Ravelry Moderator Mausermama's Avatar
    Florida
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!

I guess my concern is "is it masculine enough".

Additionally, I know the wasabi will stand out, but I want the bag to look somewhat professional/tasteful than personal flare if that makes sense?

There just isn't enough of them out there yet to have pictures so I can decide for myself.

I would buy it regardless in a heartbeat if this wasn't my first purchase.

Just want my first TB to be a keeper for years!
    I don't know if this helps at all, but my 17-year-old son carries a Cocoa/Olive Large Cafe Bag, and he absolutely loves it. I think it looks just fine on him. I realize it's not the Wasabi lining, but when being carried, the Cocoa is pretty much all you see. I had, until recently, a Medium Cafe Bag in Cocoa/Olive that I really loved, but I found I just wasn't carrying it much because I rarely wear that color family anymore so I sold it, and I'm now waiting to see if I will like a Grey/Olive Large Cafe Bag any better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The photos moriond posted are pretty perfect. It's a hard color to get right -- it really looks the smoothest in sunlight. Here's a good attempt:

It's a pretty gender-neutral combination.

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I think I've decided that the wasabi interior is a little bright for me. I dig the Wasabi stuff sacks etc such as in the "packing strategy" video, just not as a bag foundation.

So with that, does anyone have photos of the Coyote/Steel?