Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Swift Colors

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cherlooms View Post
    I am glad to see so many others are passionate for additional Swift colors!! I was fortunate enough to score the Aubergine/UV Knitty 10th anniversary commemorative Swift and that is the one I use all the time to my knitting get-togethers and travel. The ballistic has held up well and after hearing the parapack gets floppy, I would vote to keep the ballistic because even after a few years my fabric has softened a little, but the bag still stands up well. I also was lucky enough to score a black/UV Little Swift before those were retired and that is my EDC - which includes my SE and one small YSS with my lunch time knitting.

After having and using both swifts, I would love to get one more regular sized swift so that is why I was shopping and hoping for another color so my Aubergine can take a rest some times. I still would vote for a Coyote/Steel, Navy/Solar and Black/UV as my top choices, plus the Kiwi and plum sound good too. Of course a Navy/Nordic would be awesome too, but is Nordic ever coming back for Dyneema options on this and other products?
    I don't think so (although the TB folks would say, "who knows!") but even if it did, Nordic is an exterior-only fabric (400D not 200D) so you will never see Navy/Nordic in anything other than the pocket pouch, I guess. Solar has also retired, BTW.

Coyote/Steel is very unique on more "girly" bags like the Swift or LS. Hope your wish comes true!
    Last edited by adalangdon; 04-27-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Coyote/Steel is very unique on more "girly" bags like the Swift or LS. Hope your wish comes true!
    Yeah, I am not really a "girly" girl LOL Wink I think that is why I love the Swift so much! So many of my friends love the Vera Bradley bags, but they are too froo-froo and busy designs and fabrics. I just can't do those, and I think that is why I fell in love with TB!!!

I do have a Coyote/Steel LS that I scored when that product was being retired, but haven't used it yet. Poor thing still has the tags on it! After using my black LS for EDC, I just found that I would prefer to have the larger Swift in more colors. I plan on destashing the Coyote LS and would love to score that combo on a regular Swift!

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to chime in here as the Swift will likely be my next bag - if I'm not totally smitten with the still-to-arrive cross body knitting bag.

As much as I loved to see a true red ballistic fabric, I fear that's not very likely, so my vote for the existing ballistic colors goes for a Steel Swift with Navy as a second choice (to give red lovers a chance Iberian interior wouldn't hurt in either case Cool)

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Have to chime in here as the Swift will likely be my next bag - if I'm not totally smitten with the still-to-arrive cross body knitting bag.

As much as I loved to see a true red ballistic fabric, I fear that's not very likely, so my vote for the existing ballistic colors goes for a Steel Swift with Navy as a second choice (to give red lovers a chance Iberian interior wouldn't hurt in either case Cool)
    The good thing about the Swift is that it works really well as a tote, too. The other day I had a SE, new FJ, travel mugs, kindle, and other sundries as I went about my day. I didn't take knitting.

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steel/Ultraviolet, please! (Not that I need another Swift :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Northern California
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brendabethman View Post
    Steel/Ultraviolet, please! (Not that I need another Swift :-)
    Did you see that your wish was granted, @brendabethman? At least it's listed as on backorder until late June.

Not that you need another Swift, of course! Wink Cool

(For my own Swift plans, the UV interior gently steers me away from Steel towards Navy/Iberian Roll Eyes (Sarcastic))
    Last edited by Squirrel; 05-27-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: typo ...

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    Did you see that your whish was granted, @brendabethman? At least it's listed as on backorder until late June.

Not that you need another Swift, of course! Wink Cool

(For my own Swift plans, the UV interior gently steers me away from Steel towards Navy/Iberian Roll Eyes (Sarcastic))
    WHAT?!? That is fabulous news. And I am sure I can find a use for it :-)

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    STEEL SWIFT

Swoon-worthy alliteration!
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    STEEL SWIFT

Swoon-worthy alliteration!
    This is a new color?

Florida
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    This is a new color?
    You'll have to ask @moriond the history of steel ballistic (not a new color) in the Swift, and whether it's been paired with UV. I am only remembering steel offered in the Little Swift as of late (I have a LS in steel/steel from Dec 2012, and the pre-retirement LS run was steel/wasabi).

A quick search turned up a picture of a steel/steel Swift from January 2011. The anniversary Knitty Swift had one steel side. There was also steel Dyneema/UV previously for the Swift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel Little Swift * Latest: nNordic/NWS Smart Alec *

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yes, I've seen some of those pics.

I don't quite understand how I've only known Bihn for 2 months and own 5 Swifts AND 5 Little Swifts! TBAS for sure.

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put my steel Q-kit and UV shopping bag together this morning to check out the combination:

Definitely ordering a Swift in these colors!

(It's not quite as bad as it seems -- I destashed my black/UV Swift to someone on Ravelry who really wanted that color).

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @brendabethman, You can also take a look at the Pinterest pinned image of the Swift in Steel/Hemp/Ultraviolet to get an idea of the Steel/ Ultraviolet combination. I'll try to embed the image, but this may not work long term in place of the pinned image link.

I think this was the only Swift Hemp dual color combination with a non-steel (i.e. Ultraviolet) lining, and was the last of the Hemp/other color Swift combinations. They did Hemp/Forest and Hemp/Cardinal in the Swift. I remember Darcy posted they would be making a Black/Hemp Little Swift back in early 2012, but I don't recall ever seeing pictures of this combination. (It was kind of lost in the excitement of the previous batch of Azalea and Turquoise Little Swifts, the last Kiwi and Forest Little Swift options, Cardinal coming as an option, etc.). Does anyone remember any other two-tone combinations of a color with Hemp for either the Swift or Little Swift?

HTH

moriond
    Last edited by moriond; 05-28-2015 at 09:21 AM.

Kansas City, MO
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @brendabethman, You can also take a look at the Pinterest pinned image of the Swift in Steel/Hemp/Ultraviolet to get an idea of the Steel/ Ultraviolet combination. I'll try to embed the image, but this may not work long term in place of the pinned image link.

HTH

moriond
    It worked and it's gorgeous! Definitely going to order one. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3