Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marytattoo View Post
    You are referring to the DLBP or the DLBC? I THINK you're referring to the backpack, but it's unclear.
    Aack! Thank you so much for catching that slip, @marytattoo. Yes, I did mean the DLBP, despite what I wrote. I tried to edit to correct that, but for some reason I'm not allowed. So I'm talking about the backpack, not the briefcase.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jennygoat, Thanks for commenting! I too have Bottomless Pit Syndrome with my Swift, though I really love it otherwise. I'm able to get around some of that by using keystraps. Still, things seem to sink!

I use an LL Bean rolling backpack for work, and I work in a very informal setting (academic library) so I'm not too concerned about what my bag looks like. I'm looking for the most amount of versatility: from school, to a bus trip to the zoo, to the county fair (where I will visit the animals). So I'm leaning toward the DLBP.

@marytattoo, I like the idea of the Freudian Slip, but that brings that price up...Ah, if only I were wealthy!

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those letters always make me slow down to figure them out. Not always easy!

Alternate between SW Ohio & Michigan's lovely Upper Peninsula
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the Co-Pilot. When I asked for this for Christmas a couple of years ago, I wasn't even sure I would like it. I've always been a backpack kinda gal, and wasn't sure that I could warm up to a shoulder bag. As it turned out, it was love at first sight. The organization is fabulous, the CP looks good no matter how full (or empty) it is, and even when I load it to the gills the bag doesn't feel heavy to me. (I have a Dyneema version of the bag.) I sometimes swap out the CP for my S19, DLBP, DLBC, or Pilot, but I find the CP is nearly always the one I grab on my way out the door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Synapse 19 & 25, Co-Pilot, Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Medium Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, A45, A30, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning toward the DLBP, possibly with the Freudian Slip or a SE. I'm thinking the CP is too formal for some of the other trips I'd like to take with it. It would be fine for residency and probably as an EDC, tho.

I think ALL TB bags should have water bottle pockets!!

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinblack1964 View Post
    I'm leaning toward the DLBP, possibly with the Freudian Slip or a SE. I'm thinking the CP is too formal for some of the other trips I'd like to take with it. It would be fine for residency and probably as an EDC, tho.

I think ALL TB bags should have water bottle pockets!!
    You realize that the Daylight BackPack doesn't have a water bottle pocket?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sadly, yes, I do realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    You realize that the Daylight BackPack doesn't have a water bottle pocket?

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking the CP is too formal for some of the other trips I'd like to take with it.
    I would agree regarding the ballistic CPs, but I have the black dyneema which is a bit of a chameleon - for me at least it goes to work in a professional setting, then goes out for shopping and errands on the weekend, with no identity problems at all. That is one bag I feel I can take just about anywhere (it probably won't go with me to a formal event like a wedding or a gala :-o )

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijouxandbeads View Post
    I would agree regarding the ballistic CPs, but I have the black dyneema which is a bit of a chameleon - for me at least it goes to work in a professional setting, then goes out for shopping and errands on the weekend, with no identity problems at all. That is one bag I feel I can take just about anywhere (it probably won't go with me to a formal event like a wedding or a gala :-o )
    But there are no dyneemas available. Bag for grad school residency?

Forum Member
    Morgantown
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But there are no dyneemas available. Bag for grad school residency?
    Not sure of how long you are waiting before ordering, but I believe someone on Ravelry called asked about Dyneema restocking and was told that it would be happening within the next few weeks or months. Don't quote me without calling yourself, though.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will need the bag by June 18, so I'm not sure I can wait for the restocking.

I'm leaning toward Plum or French Blue. Of course, there is always classic black.

Forum Member
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I find myself wondering, in last minute panic, if I should have just gotten a large shop bag.

Also see my thread in "General Bag Discussion": http://forums.tombihn.com/general-ba...ghts-dlbp.html

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your username suggests that you're female. So, for what it's worth: I've found that shoulder bags without waist straps pick up the side-to-side motion of my walk, which eventually throws off my balance and digs into my shoulder, often leading to knee pain, hip pain, mild nerve compression in my arm/hand, etc. If that kind of thing happens to you, then make sure that whatever bag you pick has loops for a waist strap.

In your situation I'd probably use my Id (or my LCB if tying the hoodie around my waist instead of stuffing it in my bag). Yeah, the Id weighs more, but the waist strap completely neutralizes that issue for me. Not sure Id's in your budget, but if it is, might be worth considering.

Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanisol View Post
    I think a Co-Pilot would work for both situations. But if it seems too formal, a Medium Cafe Bag would probably work too depending on the size of the hoodie. The benefit of these two bags over the Swift is that they can be carried cross body, which helps cut the weight some. The Large Cafe Bag would also be an option. It is more similar in size to the CP, just with less built-in organization. With it you would have the ability to change the strap if you wanted to and it would be less formal.
    is Co-Pilot expandable?

Boston; she/her
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kambla,

You'll probably get better responses by keeping your question to the topic of the original thread, or posting a new thread with your question. For example in this case, where you added a question to a very old thread with an unrelated subject line, no one who sees that subject line in the list of forum posts is going to realize you have a question about a Co-Pilot in particular.

To answer your question: no, the Co-Pilot is not expandable. You could say it's collapsible, because if it isn't stuffed full it does tend to collapse from front to back (especially a Co-Pilot in the Halcyon fabric) but once it's full, it's full. I can't think of any Tom Bihn bags that are expandable, though maybe there's one I'm not thinking of.

Welcome to the forums!

Best wishes,
    Liza
    I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian.

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2