Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Thread: Freudian Slip

Scottsdale, AZ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freudian Slip

So am I right that the smallest Vertical Freudian Slip does not fit into the currently offered Ristretto bag?
    Looks like the Synapse 19 FS is 15" tall and the Ristretto is 14.5" tall. That last 1/2" won't fit. Right?
    I have ordered the Ristretto and it should ship Monday. Looking forward to using it. The VFS would have been a nice add-on.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not have an S19 FS but I do have a similarly dimensioned Horizontal FS at 15 x12 (the S19 version is 15 x 11).
    It fits but does stick up a bit - not much. The S19 FS would fit better with its 1" more narrow dimensions and taper on top.

I took a few pics but I cannot seem to post right now.

IMHO, the S19 FS may rob too much space from the Ristretto 13 as the Ristretto gets thinner at the top depthwise compared to the bottom. The thickness of the S19 FS would may it harder to remove things. I find the 3 interior O-rings good to keep things organized and not all over the place. YMMV. If you want some good organization, a Guide's Pack Lead Pocket may be a good alternative.

Is there anything particular that you had in mind to use the S19 FS?

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Scottsdale, AZ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tpnl View Post
    . . . . IMHO, the S19 FS may rob too much space from the Ristretto 13 as the Ristretto gets thinner at the top depthwise compared to the bottom. The thickness of the S19 FS would may it harder to remove things. I find the 3 interior O-rings good to keep things organized and not all over the place. YMMV. If you want some good organization, a Guide's Pack Lead Pocket may be a good alternative . . . .
    Your answer got me to thinking and researching some more. In retrospect, a Freudian Slip would not be a good fit for my needs - storing small stuff like thumb drives, USB cords, card readers, and ethernet cords. I have other thoughts for the Ristretto front pouch, so I don't want them cluttering up that space. I think I am going to order a medium and a small double organizer pouch. They will be perfect (I think) for what I need, and I can connect them to the O-rings in the Ristretto.

It's kind of fun researching all the options and trying to decide how to go.

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For reference, here are the pictures I took of the Horizontal Freudian Slip in the Ristretto 13. If using the S19 version, you probably would not see it in the bag but it would still keep the flap up off the top making it look like it was "floating":

Freudian Slip-ristretto13_freudianslip-jpg

Freudian Slip-ristretto13_freudianslip_inside-jpg

Just as an example of how I attach things using the 4 O-Rings to keep things organized and in check:

Freudian Slip-ristretto13_1-jpg

Note - Not shown, I have an Burnt Orange Luggage Tag using the main compartment Front O-Ring which holds my iPod for easy access. I also forgot to include my mug which goes in the main compartment.

I am very impressed with the Ristretto and what it can hold.

Cheers!
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Scottsdale, AZ
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Ristretto came today. I am IMPRESSED! True quality! The perfect messenger/computer bag. My double organizers come tomorrow, but this seems a perfect solution. Next Friday it gets the acid test as I take the train from Flagstaff, AZ to Albany, NY via Chicago. Two weeks later I fly a Cessna (Cape Air) from Albany to Boston and then Jet Blue to Phoenix. I will give this bag a workout.