Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tri-star to A30 transition

Folks, have reviewed as many threads as possible on this but can't find a specific answer.

I've been a tri-star (& WF) "one bag" user as I like the idea of folding items flat in an eagle creek folder and laptops stored flat and inline with them. I've just realised that my entire bag choices were mostly centred around this concept for my shirts on business travel.

I'm wondering though if I can still transport my business clothes (shirts in a small EC folder mainly, no suits) by expanding one of the side pockets from the main compartment of an A30. My laptop will also just sit at the top of the 'pile' for easy access.

Any thoughts on transitioning from Tri-star to A30. I just think the A30 hits the size sweet spot and could potentially replace both the WF and Tri-star.

Any thoughts from anyone who uses a A30 for business purposes? I've owned an A45 before so understand the packing concept but that was just too large for me. Wondering if the A30 could work.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Perseffect; 07-14-2015 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Clarification of wording.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseffect View Post

I'm wondering though if I can still transport my business clothes (shirts in a small EC folder mainly, no suits) by expanding one of the side pockets from the main compartment of an A30. My laptop will also just sit at the top of the 'pile' for easy access.
    @Perseffect, Yes, you can put a small (15") Eagle Creek packing folder into the A30. if the folder is extremely flat, you can even slip it into the main compartment of the A30 without unzipping the sides, but realistically for any real thickness in the folder you will need to unzip to expand one of the side pockets. I answered @plastisc's post in the http://forums.tombihn.com/general-ba...endations.html discussion. Hope you get more replies from other forum members on this topic.

moriond

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick reply. I think I had missed this thread. Much appreciated.
    Aeronaut 45 (Navy/NWS), A30 (Black/Island), Tristar (Steel/Island), Western Flyer (Steel/Island), Pilot (Steel/Island), Synapse 25 (Mars Red/NWS), Synapse 19 (Black/Island) & (Burnt Orange/Steel), Ristretto 11 (Navy/Steel), Small Cafe Bag (Navy/Steel) & (Mars Red/Dawn), Daylight Briefcase (Cloud/Dawn), Side Kick (Mars Red/Dawn), Travel Cubelet (Mars Red)

Volunteer Moderator
    Honolulu, HI
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I didn't reply about the laptop, but one option is to put it into a Daylight Briefcase that you could pull out I of the A30.

moriond

Lincolnshire (UK)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For business travel for me it's not just a case of what fits in the bag. It's also about how the bag looks when I get to the office. Personally I'd feel a little uncomfortable turning up with an A30, especially at a client location. I much prefer my matching Black-Wasabi Tri-Star & Cadet. They that show I'm a professional with a job to do; as nice as the A30 is, I wouldn't want anybody to think that I had brought my gym holdall to a meeting !

But it probably depends on the nature of your job and what sector you work in ...

Hampshire, UK
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks moriond and UK-Limey.

I must admit, I had gotten caught up in the fact that a travel differently at the moment, car travel where I can leave my bag rather than flights and direct to customer/business.

That was swaying me to the idea of the A30. However, I couldn't keep both and actually there will be times I need to go to a site direct. I think I'm going to stick with the trusty Tri-Star for now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk