Main TOM BIHN website

emailus@tombihn.com

COMMUNITY FORUMS

Welcome! We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

x

First, select your desired search engine:

• Google Search
  • DuckDuckGo
  • Original Forum Search Engine

User Tag List

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut Synapse strap tails shorter?

Hi all- I have a question about the S25 straps -- although this probably applies to any backpack. The tails are very long and hang down low below my waist when it's on my back. Any suggestions on how (or if) to cut them shorter? Right now I've got two of my wife's elastic hair bands holding the strap tails in a folded wad, but I'm looking for a more elegant solution. Thanks!

Forum Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked out web dominators? They are a clip on bungee that keeps excess webbing tidy. You can find them on mil/tactical sites like this:

ITW Military Products Web Dominator Excess Webbing Management System
    Synapse 25 (black halcyon/uv) [my work EDC]
    Synapse 19 (black dyneema/iberian, black parapack/wasabi, steel dyneema/wasabi)
    Smart Alec (black dyneema/uv)
    Co-Pilot (black dyneema/wasabi)
    Small Cafe Bag (black dyneema/wasabi)
    Aeronaut 30 (aubergine/zest) | Aeronaut 45 (nordic halcyon/northwest sky)
    PCSB (steel, island) | SE (black/wasabi, black dyneema/uv, burnt orange/uv) | TT (uv, zest, fjord)

Forum Member
    Colorado
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by garrily View Post
    Have you checked out web dominators? They are a clip on bungee that keeps excess webbing tidy. You can find them on mil/tactical sites like this:

ITW Military Products Web Dominator Excess Webbing Management System
    I will say - I like the concept of the Web Dominators, but don't care for the elastic cord that comes with them. It would come loose, and I found the tails unsightly. I had better luck using yes, hair elastics to hold the straps to the Web-D's, or alternately tiny colored rubber bands (I had some from a friendship bracelet kit, but you could also buy some at CVS. You can buy plain black bands to match the straps.) The Web D's do look better, IMO, and keep the straps more organized than just hair elastics alone.

(I also just took off the waist straps after a while. For my EDC I don't tend to need the extra connection points, and if I carry a heavier load for a trip it's easy enough to put them back on.)

Toronto, Canada (GMT+5)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some links that may be useful. There are many solutions to choose from and many great ideas from the forum members - so hopefully one will "speak" to you!

Corralling Backpack Straps

Excess Strap Management

Hope this helps

Cheers!
    Last edited by tpnl; 07-21-2015 at 11:36 PM.
    TB Ballistic Black/Iberian Dyneema backpacks and briefcases for every occasion together with my cherished Nordic and Solar Dyneema!

Forum Member
    Bangalore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have them tied with Tom Bihn strapeez. Works beautifully.
    Synapse 25, Aeronaut, TB packing cubes and accessories.